Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Is your name Casper because you sure are ghosting me?

I'm sure many of you who online date, or just date in general, have experienced what is called "ghosting". In case you're not familiar with this term, let me break it down for you. You start talking to someone, there's mutual interest, you go on a date and then BAM...ghosted. They literally stop talking to you and sometimes even block you. As an adult, who is supposedly dating adults, this practice really baffles me. I don't understand why it's so difficult to simply call someone up (hell, id even settle for a text) and say "Hey Ginger, I enjoyed meeting you the other night but I just don't think this is going to work for me." To which I would respond "No worries, thanks for letting me know and I hope you find what you're looking for. Take care." Simple enough right? Apparently not because I get ghosted ALL THE FUCKING TIME. Let me tell you about my most recent douchebag experience!

I started talking to this younger dude on Match. Now if you remember, I told y'all that I signed up for Match because I figured if both parties were paying for a dating subscription they were likely to take it more serious right? Wrong. I've gone out with four different guys from this and all four of them have been damn idiots. So back to the most recent one, we start talking because he messages me first. He's 5 years younger than me but I didn't really care because we seemed to be on the same page, want the same things, have similar interests etc. So we end up talking for two weeks prior to meeting because our schedules just didn't work out but FINALLY we get to meet. We go to this cool little bar in this fun little town that I love and y'all we hung out on our date for SIX DAMN HOURS. SIX! We closed down two different bars, make out a little then say our goodbyes with a date set up for the following weekend. I leave thinking that it's literally one of the best dates I've been on in a long time and I'm legitimately excited to see him again. He texts me the next day, a good sign in my book, and the we continue talking through Tuesday night when all of a sudden, he just drops off. He had mentioned before that he was bad about texting, and I had experienced this with him so I just dismissed it and didn't think anything of it. I text him again one more time Wednesday to see if everything is cool and he doesn't answer me.

Fast forward to Monday, I was drinking a little wine and made a post on my Twitter account about how much I wanted to text him again to find out why he was ghosting me because I had replayed that amazing date in my head MANY times and I couldn't think of anything I did to put him off. Some of my Twitter friends talked me down and convinced me not to, so I didn't. So the next day, I'm looking at my account and you can see who's viewed you, and low and behold this mother effer was checking me out! I had updated a pretty great new pic so I'm sure that's what caught his attention but what caught MY attention was that his age was 2 years older than what he'd claimed to be when we went out. I couldn't help myself, I had to text him again to find out wtf was going on and why he disappeared. He writes me back and you'll never believe what he told me.... HE'S MARRIED!!!! What?!! His profile says "Never Married". Apparently they are currently separated and going through a divorce. So I call him out about the age thing and he's like "ohhh, yeah so those are the two things I lied to you about." Awesome. He did apologize but honestly I'm not entirely sure I can even believe anything he told me. You better believe that I got back on Match and reported his lying ass though! I hope they suspend his account or something. I honestly don't know what happens when you report someone...maybe they have a designated ass kicker? If not, they should totes look into making this a real thing. Anyways, another douche bites the dust and I have a promising date tomorrow so hopefully I'll having something great to report about.

No comments:

Post a Comment